Building A Classroom Community
By James E. Mayer and Ellen Booth Church
Created in the U.S.A.
© 2015-2018 IM4U, LLC
PO Box 128226
Nashville, TN 37212
Copyright © 2015-2018 IM4U, LLC. All rights reserved. IM4U, LLC and/or James E. Mayer are the sole and exclusive owner of all right, title, and interest in the IM4U Learning and all content and materials included or incorporated by reference therein, including all worldwide, federal, state, or common law copyrights therein (and all renewals and extensions therein), trademarks, service marks, trade dress, or related rights included therein (specifically including at to the marks IM4U®, UNCLE JIM®, and IM4U CAMPAIGN® which are federally registered), and all other right, title, and interest therein. The unlawful use, sale, reproduction, copying, display, duplicating, dissemination, or other unlawful act related to the IM4U Learning or any part thereof is strictly prohibited.
The IM4U Learning is an original multi-step, multi-media educational program for minor children, to be administered on the terms stated therein, in a safe, supervised classroom setting, by experienced adult educators accustomed to the standard of care required in the education of children. The IM4U Learning is intended to be presented in a live classroom setting, incorporating written materials, interactive exercises, videos, and songs. It is the sole duty of the party administering the IM4U Learning to ensure that the program: is suitable for the particular children under its supervision, given their ages, maturity, limitations, and abilities; is administered in a safe environment; and, is administered in compliance with the directions set forth therein. Neither IM4U, LLC nor James E. Mayer, collectively or individually, warrants, or guarantees any specific result from the use of the IM4U Learning, and does expressly disclaim all express or implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, or otherwise with respect to the IM4U Learning. Any party administering the IM4U Learning to children or other third parties assumes all risk of injury or damages suffered by any such third party as a result of activity engaged in under its supervision.
A deep and heartfelt thanks to my co-author Ellen Booth Church for guidance, patience, and wisdom. It is an honor to work with you and to share this process with you. Thank you Geoffrey Gougion and Douglas Rowell for your mentorship. Thank you David Stepp for helping me bring all these fun scenes in my imagination to full moving color. Thank you Cricket Desmarais for being the bridge between our ideas and the teachers who will live with this material in their classrooms. Thank you Kristin McFadden for helping me see into the world of education today. Thank you Emily Sandberg Gold and Lonnie King for helping make these classroom materials so fun and inviting. A special thanks to the generous support I have received from so many, including Glenn and Debbi Weinberg, Mike and Susan Burkhart, Kevin and Karen Cole, and Mark and Karen Angiocchi. Thank you Debbie Grisham, Kathy Ruble, Beverly Bartsch, Charlie Fern, Nannette Leake, and Libby and Steve Spence for all your wonderful support! A thank you to all the administrators, staff, and schools around the globe who have allowed me to share the IM4U Learning with our greatest treasures, the young children who will be our future.
What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. “Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your name, company, school, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address
- your IM4U Learning user ID and password
- credit card information
- any account-preference information you provide us
- your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating
- where your computer is located on the Internet
- session data for your login session, so that our computer can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products and modifications to the Terms of Service;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by providing it to a carrier to deliver products you have ordered;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of IM4U Learning, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our Web site(s); research and development; customer- and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
IM4U Learning uses “cookies” to store personal data on your computer. We may also link information stored on your computer in cookies with personal data about specific individuals stored on our servers. If you set up your Web browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our Web site(s).
External data storage sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
to log off the IM4U Learning Web site when you are finished;
to take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Notice to European Union users
IM4U Learning's operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) to the United States. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described herein.
Information collected from children
You must be at least 13 years old to use IM4U Learning's Web site(s) and service(s). IM4U Learning does not knowingly collect information from children under 13. (See the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.)
Questions or comments?
Thank you for choosing IM4U Learning!