3. WHAT INFORMATION DOES IM4U COLLECT?
Whenever we ask you to provide your personal information, we will explain what we are asking for and the reasons why we’re asking you to provide it.
Account Information: When you create an account on IM4U sites, we may ask for your contact information, including your name, company name, role, email address, and country. Teachers using IM4U may add a Family Member’s email or information to IM4U in order to send messages or updates about lessons.
Once you set up your account, you can review and maintain your Account Information any time using your log-in credentials. Users can make changes to their profile, messaging preferences, and other account details in Account Settings.
Though we will keep some personal information viewable by you once logged into your account, we do not store your credit card information.
Communications: IM4U collects any information you send to us directly, such as email, phone, or chat communications, or through your responses to our optional surveys. If you contact us, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us. We may require this information to process and fulfill your order as well as to notify you of your order status, in order to register you as a user of this website, or to provide you with services.
Information from your Google Account or other Third-Party Sign-in Service: IM4U allows school administrators, teachers, and family members to sign up for and log into our service using a Google Account. When you create an IM4U account using one of these Third-Party Services, we use the name, profile picture, and email address (if available) provided by these services. IM4U does not share your information with these services.
Log Data: When you use IM4U or visit our website, we receive log data as part of hosting service analytics. The information we receive may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, cookie identifiers, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), operating system, date and time stamps, device information and identifiers, and your mobile carrier. In addition, we may receive or collect additional information such as the referring or exit web page, referring search terms, pages visited, number of clicks, and other information about your interactions with IM4U sites. These data are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
We intentionally limit our data collection to only what we need to provide the IM4U products and services for you.
4. HOW DOES IM4U USE THIS INFORMATION?
We use the information we collect to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website(s).
- Allow you to access and use the products and services you purchase on our website by verifying your identity.
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website(s), product(s), and services.
- Provide support to teachers, school administrators, and family members.
- Provide school administrators with utilization information about how IM4U is used in their school(s).
- Notify you about activity on and updates to your account, If you enabled notifications.
- Research, understand, and analyze user trends to improve and develop new features or functionality for our products and services.
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website(s).
- Send you emails to promote and advertise the Services and enhancements to IM4U relevant for teachers, schools, and families.
We may also provide information to law enforcement officials or regulatory authorities in accordance with applicable laws. There may be instances when we may access or disclose your information to protect or defend the legal rights or property of IM4U, to protect the safety and security of our users, and to investigate, prevent, and protect against fraud or activities that we believe may violate the law, applicable regulations, or IM4U policies.
You can withdraw consent for the collection of your Personal Information at any time, but you will no longer be able to use IM4U product(s).
5. WHO DOES IM4U COLLECT INFORMATION FROM?
We collect information from individuals who create accounts on IM4U websites, which includes teachers, students, and family members. We also collect limited log data from all visitors to our marketing website.
6. HOW DOES IM4U OBTAIN MY INFORMATION?
We receive information from the information that you and others provide, from your device(s), and from third-party services. The categories of sources from which we’ve collected or received information include:
- You: We collect the content, communications, and other information you provide when you use IM4U websites.
- Other people: We collect information that other people provide when they use IM4U, such as when a teacher or administrator adds teachers’ email addresses to provision access to the website(s) or a teacher or administrator adds a family member’s email address to send information about the product(s) and lessons.
- Your device(s): We collect information from and about the computers, phones, and other web-connected devices you use with IM4U.
- Third-Parties: When you create an IM4U account using a third-party service (e.g. Google), we access the name and email address (if available) provided by these services.
7. DOES IM4U ALLOW THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISING OR SHARE DATA FOR ADVERTISING THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS?
No. We never display third-party ads, share data for advertising or marketing third-party products or services, or allow data collection by third-party advertisers or data brokers to use for their own purposes.
Cookies are small text files that we transfer to your web browser that allow us to identify your web browser and store information about your account, including your visitor preferences and the page(s) on the website that you accessed or visited. We use these cookies to keep you logged into IM4U, customize your IM4U experience, understand how you use IM4U, and promote IM4U to relevant teachers and schools. You can choose to remove or disable cookies via your browser settings. Please be aware that IM4U may not work properly if you disable or decline all cookies.
9. HOW DOES IM4U KEEP YOUR DATA SAFE?
IM4U takes protecting your security and privacy seriously. IM4U maintains reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your information and your privacy. Your information is located behind a firewall and we encrypt every area that may process credit card information using Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) technology. While we work hard to protect your privacy, no method of security is 100% effective and we cannot be responsible for the actions of those who may gain unauthorized access to personal information. IM4U makes no warranties – express, implied, or otherwise to the effectiveness of these reasonable and appropriate safeguards.
10. GENERAL DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS (GDPR)
11. CCPA PRIVACY RIGHTS (CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS)
IM4U complies with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and other California laws applicable to your data. Under the CCPA (or Do Not Sell My Personal Information), among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
12. THIRD-PARTY ANALYTICS SERVICES
IM4U is constantly improving, and we use aggregate data about how IM4U is used — for example what buttons you click on or what pages you visit — to inform those decisions.
13. HOW DOES IM4U HANDLE DATA FROM INTERNATIONAL VISITORS?
By default, any Personal Information that you provide to IM4U may be hosted on servers located in the United States. If your school or district has purchased IM4U for Schools, your school or district can choose to store all data associated with your IM4U account in a different supported country. By utilizing IM4U services, you consent to allow your school or district to determine where to store your data. Please contact your administrator to find out where your data is stored.
When transferring any Personal Information outside of the EU, UK, or Switzerland, we comply with applicable laws to ensure an adequate legal basis exists for said transfer.
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
IM4U has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by BBB National Programs. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit https://bbbprograms.org/privacy-shield-complaints/ for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, IM4U is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In cases of onward transfer to third parties of data of EU individuals received pursuant to the EU-US and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield, IM4U is potentially liable.
If your Privacy Shield complaint cannot be resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms.
14. HOW DOES IM4U HANDLE ABANDONED ACCOUNTS?
IM4U reserves the right to permanently delete accounts that have not been accessed by the account holder for a period of more than one year. IM4U will permanently delete an account that has not been accessed by the account holder for more than seven years, except where we are required to keep the information for legal or compliance purposes. Prior to permanently deleting an abandoned account, IM4U will attempt to notify the account holder by email.
15. HOW TO VIEW, CORRECT, EDIT, EXPORT, OR UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access, correct, or download for transport to a similar service any of your Personal Information collected by IM4U, where permitted under applicable law. If you are an administrator, teacher, or family member you can update the information associated with your IM4U account directly by logging into your account and viewing the Account Settings tab on your profile.
16. ACCOUNT SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
If you would like to delete your IM4U account, follow these steps or contact privacy@IM4Ulearning.com. If you request that your account or any content submitted to IM4U be deleted, IM4U may still retain information as needed to provide customer support and prevent accidental deletion, or as required or permitted by law. If you terminate your account, all of your data will be unavailable to you immediately, but be aware that Messages and Journal Content with others in which you participated will remain available to those other users.
If your school or district has purchased IM4U and the school or district ends their contract with IM4U and requests deletion of accounts, we will attempt to notify impacted users by email or another method and provide the option for users to establish or maintain an account with IM4U for the purpose of storing student-generated content.
If you are a teacher or school administrator within the US, please be aware that FERPA requires IM4U to retain student education records once a valid request to inspect those records has been made.
17. CONTACT INFORMATION
You can reach IM4U by mail at:
IM4U Learning, LLC
You can reach IM4U by phone at: (855) 554-6486